Saturday, August 21, 2010

To Tranby House Again

Two Saturdays ago I walked past Tranby House and had lunch there on my way to Guildford. Today I organised for Paul and Glenda to join Kathryn and myself on the 6km walk from East Perth Cove to Tranby House.

We set off at 11.15am and fortunately the sky looked like it wanted to rain on us, but we didn’t get much more than a few drops. The walk was a pretty easy one, we didn’t push ourselves and we arrived at Tranby House at 12.30pm.

They have some fairly fancy High Teas at the Tranby House tea rooms, if you have the two hours to enjoy it. Unfortunately due to the large number of bookings they had they didn’t have the full lunch menu available as they were primarily catering for the High Tea patrons. Kathryn and I settled for the coffee, Paul and Glenda had the scones and cream as well.

We had a fairly well known former state Premier and then Federal MP having a  High Tea with her friends at the same time we were there, Carmen Lawrence. A very capable politician, under different circumstances could have had the same opportunities as Julia Gillard our presnet PM.

Next Saturday as I have a bike now, I may ride from Guildford to the Graham Farmer Freeway.

P1010350
Enjoying the wildlife on Maylands Peninsula


P1010351
Paul and Glenda intense menu browsing

No comments:

Post a Comment