Saturday, September 25, 2010

Port Beach to Cottesloe Beach

Today was another magnificent day, weatherwise. I have been so fortunate that most of my Saturdays have been great days weatherwise. I'm sure very soon that the warmer weather will take the edge of the joy. As the Cape to Cape walk commences next Saturday I thought it would be wise to get some sand walking done before hand. Therefore I parked the car at Port Beach and walked along the beach as much as possible to Cottesloe Beach. Probably about 4 kilimtres of beach sand, with the occasional groyne or rocky headland in the way.

The weather was ideal with a gentle breeze blowing. I was surprised how well I walked in the sand, even the sand that was quite soft. I must be slowly getting fitter. Between Port Beach and Cottesloe Beach there is a great dog beach. Dogs everywhere, I'll have to bring our Lucy here during the week. It took me about an hour to walk to Cottesloe Beach, which is always a nice area, with the lawns that are there. We really do have magnificent beaches, probably there only downside is the water is not warm like it is on some tropical beaches or even on the east coast of Australia.

After enjoying a coffee observing the beach I made my way back to care via the footpath. When I go back on Monday I'll try to walk both directs in the sand.

Indiana Tearooms Cottesloe Beach




Looking north to Cottesloe Beach

Looking south to Fremantle - dog beach in the foreground

No comments:

Post a Comment